Book Tracker for iOS and Mac are two separate apps. Developing and maintaining each version takes a lot of hard work and a lot of time. In order to ensure constant updates and new features and to be sustainable as an independent developer, two separate purchases are required. Note that this is not a subscription but a single purchase for the iOS app and one for the macOS app. Despite being two separate apps, the library automatically syncs between iOS and Mac via iCloud.
The first thing to do is to verify that both iCloud and iCloud Drive are enabled on all your devices. If iCloud is enabled but synchronization is still not working, proceed as follows on all your devices (one device at a time):
- Open the device Settings and in the iCloud section disable iCloud for Book Tracker.
- Open Book Tracker and check that no books are in the library.
- Re-enable iCloud for Book Tracker from the device Settings.
- Open the Book Tracker and check that the library populates again.
Perform this operation on all your devices. From this point on, synchronization should resume.
Probably you have to enter again the info that you added to the app since the sync stopped to work. For this reason I suggest you to try this operation of the device that is out of sync and then on the other device.
To delete a book, long-press on it in the book list (right click on Mac) and then click Delete. Alternatively, you can open the details of a book, open the menu on the upper right corner and select the “Delete” option.
You have to export your library from Goodreads in CSV. You can found the instructions here. Then open Book Tracker, go to the Settings page, select “Import” and use the exported CSV file to import all your library.
CSV files cannot contain images. For this reason, while importing a CSV file from another app, Book Tracker cannot restore your old covers. Book Tracker tries to automatically add missing images whenever possible. If this is not possible, you can proceed in two ways to recover the covers:
- By opening the detail of each book and accessing the Edit mode (three dots icon -> Edit), you can automatically download all the information of a book by clicking on Update book online, including the cover. This procedure must be carried out for each individual book.
- If you prefer to recover the covers of all the books, I recommend that you read this post on Reddit.
Book Tracker currently syncs across devices connected to your Apple ID. At the moment it is not possible to share the library with other people.
Unfortunately it is a known bug of macOS for the apps that have a Widget. Try to delete the Book Tracker Widget, restart the Mac and update the app. After the update you can add again your Widgets.